Opportunities in a challenging world
Many Catholic dioceses around the world face challenges, with decreasing Mass attendance, demographics of those practicing religion being skewed towards old age, decreasing revenues and a secular world gradually consuming more attention. At the same time, never have the opportunities been greater, and it is a good time to explore new ways of thinking.
Helping the Church Connect
Two dioceses struggled with declining numbers of people coming to church and the demographics of church attendees being skewed towards older age. The huge numbers of tourists and visitors visiting their locations had challenges identifying correct Mass and Confession times, as websites were hard to find, had obsolete data and most pages on online maps about the churches had errors. The bishops of both dioceses were open to new ways in which information about church activities (including Mass and Confession) can be made much more accessible to people, including visitors and the younger generation. Our innovation provided those capabilities, and many more.
The ecosystem we created can be correlated with 2 000 000+ church visits (during a period of 2+ years), the mobile part of the solution is popular, and 65% of the users are under the age of 55. The Catholic App platform now provides this solution to any diocese in the world.
Easy to use & Giving you full control
The Catholic App platform is easy to use, intelligent and allows your parishes to update their data when something changes. Most data is regular and requires little maintenance. It requires no technical skills at all expect being to use a web browser where you enter your information. The solution is risk-free – just use the form below to ask for a free evaluation account. It is a transformative solution that gives your diocese a smart Catholic companion providing a world-leading mobile experience that is engaging and accessible. This innovations empowers you and gives you full control.
Spiritual, Social and Financial benefits
The Catholic App platforms provides the following capabilities:
- Increase revenue through mobile donations.
- Provides stability and continuity even during lock-downs: helps to find and show online Mass, reduces loneliness during self-isolation, allows for remote communication with parishioners & remote donation collection.
- For UK dioceses: Increase your Gift Aid registration rates – it is currently >70% for donations using the app. A digital replacement of paper Gift Aid envelopes.
- Enables more people to find and visit your churches & attend Mass & Confession
- Support your outreach out to Catholics speaking many different languages (seven languages to start with)
- Grows your physical and digital church communities.
- Reaches out to the younger people in your parish and improves demographic sustainability
- Reduces the communication workload of your priests
- Reduces cost and burden on the environment by making paper documents available digitally on the go
We believe the time has come to explore new ways of thinking.
The Catholic App Platform
The Catholic App platform embodies this new way of thinking.
It makes a proven solution available to any diocese in the world.
The Benefits to Catholics & Dioceses
A Smart Companion and guide to your diocese, giving you full control
The Catholic App is perfectly adapted to your local diocese, and this smart companion provides information about Mass, Confession, people, churches, locations, news and more. You have full and instant control over the data using the web platform. The intelligence of the app simplifies the effort of making data updates immensely. The process is typically decentralized to parishes.
Truly Global & connected with the world
The Catholic App platform brings Catholics from other areas to your diocese, as well as give you control over your diocese. It connects the Catholic World.
Multi-Lingual: Seven Languages
In order to be useful globally, and for visitors and tourists to your diocese, the Catholic App already translates everything to seven languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Polish. This allows visitors to instantly feel at home in your diocese, even if they don’t speak the local language, and we can add support for more languages.
Rejuvenate parish life & build communities
The app provides a great and proven mobile experience and helps anyone to find parishes and instantly feel at home there. It helps to grow local communities by providing relevant information and connecting to the social media pages and news streams of every parish. It helps you to build both digital and physical communities, which sustain parish life. The web platform makes all of this available to you without require any technical expertise at all.
An Intelligent Guide
Unlike static websites, the Catholic App understands where the user is, the time and schedule of Mass and Confession, and intelligently renders the relevant information instantly. It understands both regular and irregular schedules, local feast days and Holy Days of Obligation, and shows this in an accessible way to the user. You have full ability to customize these for your diocese.
Control your own data
The Catholic App web platform allows you to have full control over data about your diocese, and also, if you want, to delegate data updates to parishes or deaneries.
The Catholic App uses Google Maps for navigating users to the church, for visually guiding the users and visualizing information.
Find Mass & Confession with a single tap
The ability for the user to find Mass and Confession with a single tap, was what made the app well-known originally. This type of spontaneous use helps the user to find Mass or Confession soon in time and near in space.
Integrated Smart Planning
Would your priests like to spend less time on answering phone calls about “When will this Mass take place?” etc. This app is still the only one in the world to offer intelligent planning. The user can type any address in your diocese and a future time, to instantly get Mass and Confession results for that location and time.
Supports finding Mass & Confession in different languages
The Catholic App has from the very start supported the feature that shows the language of the Mass or Confession, and the user can filter results to see Mass or Confession in the chosen language, if that is available in your diocese.
Smart Data Management
The data used in the app comes from data you collect before the launch, data update requests from parishes and crowd-sourcing from the faithful. The app can estimate & communicate the accuracy and completeness of its data, to the user. It works both with parishes which provide frequent & complete information, and those that provide incomplete information.
In-app News Distribution
Parishes spend vast resources printing things on paper, incl. parish newsletters. The Catholic App allows such documents to appear digitally inside the app, including PDF news, and can even be read in church mode, without Internet. This is made available through the news channels, which are both for parishes and dioceses.
Save money and the environment: Digitize paper in parishes with PDF support
The Catholic App offers excellent mobile support for in-app news in PDF, including zooming, scrolling, multiple pages, opening links and “church mode” where the items can be ready without mobile signal. Things like parish newsletters, hymn sheets, sermons, and leaflets can be digitized to be read on the fly.
Mobile donation collection made easy
The Catholic App contains a powerful but easy to use mobile donation component, with support Apple Pay, Google Pay & cards, working in 130 countries and various currencies. Use it raise money for diocese and parish projects, and internal or external causes of your choice.
Spiritual & Financial Return on Investment
The Catholic App ecosystem has proven impact and offers a spiritual and financial return on investment, since it makes more Catholics active. Ask us for a ROI calculation for your diocese. It also supports demographic sustainability, as 65% of the users are under the age of 55.
Easy to Use by Parishes & Dioceses
The Catholic App Platform makes this innovation available to any parish or diocese in the world:
- It does not require any technical skills, technical personnel, IT department or computer expertise expect being able to use a web browser, keyboard and mouse
- It is risk-free: we can create a free evaluation account for your diocese.
- It takes little time to set up: you add basic information about churches, and then parishes use our platform to add the information about their church.
- The parish users that upload the information do not need to have any social media account nor any skill or knowledge in using social media nor smartphones – since all those things are automated by our technology (e.g. promoting parish Facebook pages).
- The donation collection system is included in your subscription for no additional charge.
Mobile Donations Made Easy
Improve Communication, Save money & Save the environment
The Catholic App Platforms offers you the world’s most comprehensive digital news solution for Catholic dioceses, with the following benefits and features:
- In-app news distribution that is anonymous, doesn’t collect any personal data nor require any social media account
- Diocese news channels – official news posted on behalf of your diocese
- Parish news channels used to distributed local news
- Support for HTML and PDF news items, including zooming for improved readability, and support for links
- Use these in-apps news for sending parish newsletters, announcements, hymn sheets, funding appeals, spiritual reflections, Bishops’s announcements etc.
- Like real paper every app user can save an item for later
- Save money and save the environment by digitising paper
- Read news items in off-line mode
- Create fund-raising news items which have direct links to the donation collection from the news item
OUR APP ON FACEBOOK
The Catholic App Web Platform Subscriptions
The Catholic App Web Platform puts you in charge of your diocese and its data. Ask us now for a live demo or register and we will set up a free evaluation account for you.
Add your church for free to the app (and activate mobile donation collection for it) by sending data about it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also activate additional premium functionality when you want.
|Diocese Cost per month||Free||£100||£250||£500||free||Contact us|
|Max Number of Churches||Small diocese in designated countries (Contact us)||100||150||250||500||Unlimited|
|Can Publish to the Public||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Can Publish Churches||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can Publish Mass & Confession times||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Smart search & Planning||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Language Support||Support for and instant smart translation to: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese & Polish|
|Can Publish In-app news||Contact us||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|News Channels||Contact us||None||One per church||Three per church||Max one per church||Unlimited|
|Support for PDF news items||Contact us||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support for video news||Contact us||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|In-app Mass documents||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
(about Mass & Confession etc.)
|In-app Donation Collection||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes, advanced||No||Yes, advanced|
|* Core Functionality = church pages, Feast Days & Holy Days of Obligation, works off-line, integrated navigation and filtering results.|
Musemantik also delivers additional services which help dioceses to become truly digital, including:
- Google Maps Church Pages Management & Correction.
Helping make your churches have a complete digital presence on online maps: Google Maps. The Catholic App benefits from these and works in unison with them. These online maps are used by 1-2 billion people worldwide and most dioceses have very poor-quality online map listings. Our experience shows that approximately 80% of church pages on Google Maps have errors, omissions or are completely missing. The benefit of fixing this is that more people will find your churches and attend Mass. It also helps improve the accuracy of the navigation features in the Catholic App. There are many technical challenges in trying to fix Google Maps listings, but we have developed a specialized process which overcomes the hurdles and solves the problem for you. Musemantik is registered as an agency with Google for the purpose of managing and correcting Google Maps church pages on behalf of dioceses and presbyteries. The introductory pricing for this subscription service in the US, UK, western and northern Europe is a fixed fee per church as a set-up cost including complete data correction and 12 months of updates, and this also includes adding and correct churches on three other services.
- We integrate The Catholic App with your Google Maps church pages (see the image on the right) – someone that opens your church on Google Maps can immediately find Mass and Confession times using the Catholic App
- We recommend that you collect the initial data for launching the app in your diocese, and we provide advice and support. Alternatively, if you need assistance we can help to distill and collect data about churches, Mass and Confession times and make these digitally accessible.
- Taking high-quality church photos, to be used in online map listings and the Catholic App. Photos can have a big impact in the digital world, making churches more tangible and attractive to the digital audience. Otherwise, we can use or review your existing church photos free of charge.
You have full control over your data
You have 100% control over the data in your diocese, including:
- Give the authority to view and edit diocese data to one person or delegate it to many people across the diocese – typically to individual parishes, parish groups or deaneries
- View and edit data about churches, their address, location, staff etc.
- View and edit data about Mass & Confession times, Feast Days, Holy Days of Obligation, days with irregular schedules etc.
- The ability to publish news items, both official news items (e.g. the Archbishop’s announcements) and news items (e.g. parish news, sermons, announcements) for individual parishes
REGISTER YOUR CHURCH
Add your church for free to the app (and activate mobile donation collection for it) by sending data about it to email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you represent a diocese or Bishops’ Conference use this form:
DIOCESE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I represent a diocese or Bishops’ Conference and we want to have this app now. What should I do?
A: Contact us using the form above and we will get in touch to discuss how we can launch it in your area. We can create a free evaluation account for your diocese.
Q: I am a Catholic and I want this app now. What should I do?
A: Call your diocese and ask them to express their interest by using the sign-up form above. You can also sign up as an individual for the newsletter below, or if you want to cover the cost of launching it in a diocese, then please contact us as well.
Q: I represent a diocese or Bishops’ conference and the app sounds great but I feel we are behind on being “digital” (incl. behind in regards to websites, social media, placing churches on online maps, having correct information etc.)
A: Don’t worry, we can work with you and help you get these things right. If you have social media pages on Facebook, the app will help promote them. We can assist or advice you in compiling information that the Catholic App and other supportive technologies need, to make the users satisfied.
Q: Have you launched any other apps?
A: Yes, you can also download our Christian Meditation app for Android and for iOS or download our Android app for mental well-being or sign up for the iOS version and newsletter.
Q: How is your app unique?
A: It is the first automated app service for Catholic churches in the world – we made sophisticated technology accessible and available for anyone using a web platform.
This app is truly global while also truly local. It helps you to become demographically sustainable by reaching out to more Catholics. The news functionality helps you to digitize paper. It was first officially announced in the Vatican (see the news section) and is result-focused: our ambition is to increase Mass attendance by working with you over time and configuring the app to give you the best results in your diocese. We believe that we can achieve this since we take responsibility for the product over time, will constantly measure its performance and improve it based on global best practices.
Creating a bespoke application for you
We believe that being part of the global Catholic App Platform, provides you with superior value, since you become a part of a global network. However, If there are some particular reasons for why you would like a bespoke mobile application, this applies:
• We build an app for you based on an agreed specification.
• The app can be for Catholics or other Christian denominations.
• You take responsibility for maintaining the data using a web interface
Investors & Donors
The contact email address for investors and donors is firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN THE NEWS
As the Catholic App is a global initiative there have been hundreds of articles written about it after the announcement in November 2016. Here is a selection:
CATHOLIC HERALD: Scottish archbishop launches Mass-finding app
WORLD RELIGION NEWS: The Catholic App, Nicknamed ‘SINDR,’ Helps You Get To Confession
ROME REPORTS: GPS app launched to find Mass and confession time (video)
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER